book review/praise 'the bass grimoire'

Steve Lawson and Gonzo can get you thinking out of the box right here.

book review/praise 'the bass grimoire'

Postby ~lightwaveryder~ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 1:35 pm

hey guys,
I just picked up a copy of this book last night at guitar center for 5 bucks....what a STEAL. (it had some water damage)
It has scales in it that i've never heard of, and i'm a theory hound. Granted, badassbassplayer-ness doesn't demand knowledge of scales,
and no one would ever throw this on a music stand and flip through it live, but for woodshedding and diggin up bizarro scales and chord
relations, this is the best book ive ever seen, and its tailored to bass (with full fretboard fingerings for each scale, mode and chord)
They even have the full range of hungarian, persian, oriental type 'non western' scales and chords. freakin baddassbassbook IMO.

The bass grimoire by Adam Kadmon.

Has an endorsement on the back from Noel Redding, (thats why i bought it..hee hee)

bassbook.jpg
bassbook.jpg (9.05 KiB) Viewed 1018 times

~lwr~
"The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff."

Dr Carl Sagan

~lightwaveryder~
~lightwaveryder~

Stardust Memories

Postby Golem » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:32 am

`

The carbon in our DNA contains scales no one has yet played or imagined :-O

However, I believe that playing a carbon fibre FL bass hass occasionally coaxed small bits of them out, all quite by accident .... or is that by "Intelligent Design"?

`

New basses are red. Used basses are black.
- - ---- -- - --- - - - --- - ---- -- - - --- - -- - -

In a perfect world
At the end of the day
Tomorrow never comes.
Golem

Re: book review/praise 'the bass grimoire'

Postby badamen » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:56 pm

The 'The Bass Grimoire' rocks! You're lucky dude if you have bought it for just 5 bucks! If you don't know how music theory works- this book couldn't help you at all folks!
badamen

Return to CHARTS & THEORY