Want to see an old, happy dog?

The round table for bass brethren off topic discussion.

Want to see an old, happy dog?

Postby Mr. Mom » Sat Feb 27, 2016 3:02 pm

My almost-14 year old husky mix enjoying a rare sunny and warm Central Ohio winter afternoon. Taken last week.

image.jpeg
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Re: Want to see an old, happy dog?

Postby Jerry » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:24 pm

I fucking love dogs! A little patch a sun and everything is right in the world!
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Postby hoytbasses » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:32 pm

Here's our new dog... Billie... After Billie Holiday... Half Black Lab/Half Beagle. The voice is all beagle but the personality is Lab.........
Attachments
image.jpeg
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Postby 57RIP » Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:00 am

Sweet pic Bruce. Our first do was a siberian, definitely the deep end of the pool for a first. She was a sweetie from 10 to 14. That she made it to 10 was a testament to patience... She was a curious mix of endlessly entertaining and complete PITA...
The guy down below we gt at 6 months. He spent his early days in a kennel during the day while his owners worked their demanding high tech engineering jobs... Why they bought a dog... Particularly a Golden ? They are kinda high energy as youngsters and are completely people focused. Good news for us is that he's food motivated and so training is easier. We are doing long line with him at this point and he's taking to his zone (the treat zone) pretty well.

image.jpeg
Kona at about 1 yr. he's now 26 months and beginning to fill out
Last edited by 57RIP on Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby ghiadub » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Dig it Bruce. It's hard to believe I've had "Buddy" for almost 5 years now.
With me working at home, we have really bonded. I took him to my gig on Saturday (they had a patio).

IMG_1393.JPG
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby Mr. Mom » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:48 am

Love these pics!! You guys have some great looking dogs!

I'll try to grab a pic of my other mutt, what we think is a shiba inu/cattle dog mix. I know....Seems really weird. She requires 3 miles/day or she starts to get kind of crazy and bugs the Max (the old guy) and wakes up The Wife in the middle of the night to go outside to just hang out and see what's what.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby 57RIP » Wed Mar 02, 2016 7:47 am

A tired dog is a good dog...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby pbassplayer » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:40 pm

We recently had to put down our 15 yr old mixed breed (i.e. mutt) great dog...gonna miss her !!
pbassplayer

Postby Mr. Mom » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:24 am

pbassplayer wrote:We recently had to put down our 15 yr old mixed breed (i.e. mutt) great dog...gonna miss her !!

Wow. 15! Sorry to hear that. We've only had to put down one dog. And, in two words: It sucks. No way around it.

I got "politically corrected" once by using the word "mutt". I stopped to pet a dog, which was obviously a mutt, and said "What a cute Mutt!" The dog's owner said, in a very serious voice, "I prefer 'mixed breed'" and walked away.

And one more of Max living the good life:

image1 (4) (640x478).jpg
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby 57RIP » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:41 am

Those ears! He can probably tune in Moscow! Boris, must get moose and sqvirrel...

Putting down your pet... sucks. realizing that you have waited too long sucks worse. Candid chats with your vet and being sure your vet is the right guy. Highly advised... Gotta go pet the hound...
57RIP

Return to HARLEYYY'S HANG