man good twang

The round table for bass brethren off topic discussion.

man good twang

Postby 57RIP » Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:45 pm

Doing light for a Chatham County Line show tonight. Yellow orange. That's it... 6 fixtures looking down. 4 looking up on the side walls. Setup, Stand by for trouble, Tear down... Band is fantastic...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Re: man good twang

Postby Mr. Mom » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:56 am

Sounds like a nice, easy gig!

Pics??
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby 57RIP » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:10 pm

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Attachments
image.jpeg
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Postby 57RIP » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:23 pm

These guys are doing it old school.. Sorta... A pair of Neuman km-184 small diaphragm condensers low for the non-solo instruments and 2 custom large diaphragms for the voices and solo's... The ldc's... Bodies are made of copper pipe, soldered... Like plumbing... Never seempn anything like it but... Gucci. Full on gucci... Custom mics ... The next frontier...

In the first pic, the mando guy is soloing. He and the banjo guy were swapping spots. upright had a pickup direct to the board. Super fun band if you are into blue grass.
57RIP

Postby Rob Francis » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:45 pm

That sounds like a fun gig!
Congrats
Rob Francis

Postby Eejif » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:10 pm

57RIP wrote:The ldc's... Bodies are made of copper pipe, soldered... Like plumbing... Never seempn anything like it but... Gucci. Full on gucci... Custom mics ... The next frontier...

Like-a-so? http://www.eartrumpetlabs.com/
Eejif

Postby Mr. Mom » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:38 am

Cool, Mal! Thanks for the pics!

I don't know sh*t about bluegrass, but what I hear I like. It's it's own thing, for sure.
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby 57RIP » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Eejif wrote:
57RIP wrote:The ldc's... Bodies are made of copper pipe, soldered... Like plumbing... Never seempn anything like it but... Gucci. Full on gucci... Custom mics ... The next frontier...

Like-a-so? http://www.eartrumpetlabs.com/

Exactly. Gorgeous...
57RIP

Return to HARLEYYY'S HANG