Gino Vanelli's "Brother To Brother"

Who are your heroes? This is the place to tell all who inspired you to gravitate to the low frequency passion and share knowledge of the greats.

Gino Vanelli's "Brother To Brother"

Postby Mike Childree » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:32 am

I have been addicted to this album since it was new. To this day the musicianship just kills me, especially the drumming by Mark Craney (RIP) and the bassifying of Leon Gaer and Jimmy Haslip. I must have listened to it a thousand times and I still take away something new every time. Simply a landmark work.

Or am I just easily impressed? What say you?
Mike Childree
Bouncer

Re: Gino Vanelli's

Postby Freddels » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 am

Dave Marotta played bass with him back then too.
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby nolabass » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:42 am

Gotta agree....probably one of my "not rock" early influences. The Powerful People record was like my first hit of cocaine or herb. Never forget it.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Jerry » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:28 am

I love that album, knocked me out when it came out. His brother still shows up on Haslips solo albums.
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Return to FAME