Will Lee

Who are your heroes? This is the place to tell all who inspired you to gravitate to the low frequency passion and share knowledge of the greats.

Will Lee

Postby MickeyOne » Wed May 08, 2013 11:54 am

Forgive me, I'm sure most know all about this guy. I've heard the name but don't watch Letterman.

Spent the weekend in NYC, staying in Brooklyn and did not get to the City at night for many shows.
Last night there was Monday and I decided to see Oz Noy at the Bitter End in Greenwich Village.
I had not heard him, but it seemed like something I'd like.
Got lost, was late, but so was the band and I somehow snagged a seat right in front of the bassist as they began.

Band and music were good but the rhythm section was amazing-HARD hitting jazzy drummer and Lee.
Music was fusion and he was playing some funky stuff and throwing in chords where most guys would walk.
Most funk player I've seen use a lot of treble and high mids. Will stayed with the low mids which I like.

But what really impressed me was his commitment to the groove. Loud, bold and ferocious. He never wavered.
MickeyOne

Re: Will Lee

Postby MickeyOne » Wed May 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Same band, same venue-different instruments
http://www.youtube.com/v/FtZ0G94gdDA
MickeyOne

Postby Freddels » Thu May 09, 2013 3:59 am

MickeyOne wrote:Same band, same venue-different instruments
http://www.youtube.com/v/FtZ0G94gdDA

The drummer is killing it!!!

That's Keith Carlock, another North Texas guy. He also plays with Steely Dan and Rudder.
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby MickeyOne » Thu May 09, 2013 4:42 am

Never seen a "jazzy" drummer hit that hard.

[attachment=0]photo.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
photo.JPG
MickeyOne

Postby nolabass » Thu May 09, 2013 5:44 am

Never seen a "jazzy" drummer hit that hard.

You need to spend some time in NOLA! [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Jerry » Mon May 13, 2013 9:24 pm

I started seeing Will Lee in NYC in the mid 70', he was a stud then and a stud now, the epitome of what a great bassist is! [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Return to FAME