Nordstrand Pickups! WOW!

Recording tips and tricks to opitimize tone and get the sound in your head on tracks, Live PA, as well as knowledge sharing of wood, strings,hardware, anything that contributes to the ever elusive tone.

Nordstrand Pickups! WOW!

Postby hmagman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:46 pm

Installed a P/J set of Nordstrand pickups in my "green machine" FrankenFender last week and I gotta say Nordstrand pickups are everything as advertised. [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]

Thanks to John Wymore for the deal and fast delivery and to Gil for the setup advise for the install.
[smilie=cool-smiley-027.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Re: Nordstrand Pickups! WOW!

Postby cripula » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:21 am

I agree. I recently bought my first "modern" bass in 20 years, a Sadowsky 24F Modern 5 with Nordstrand Big Singles in stock J positions. The bass and the pickups kick ass. I liked it so much that within 2 weeks I bought a 4 string version, same ash/maple/big single combo.
Very impressive basses/pickups.
cripula

Postby Jerry » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:19 am

I picked up a Valenti PJ5 in June with Nordstrand pickups, it was my first exposure to them......made me a very happy man!
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Postby Cheap Bass Tard » Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:22 pm

I'm at the point where I have Nordies in most of my basses and I don't like the basses that don't have 'em.
USACG J-bass, P-neck, Nordies w/3-band Aggie pre
Atkinson Custom J-bass, P-neck, Nordy Big Singles and 3-band pre.
GB Shuttle 9.0, Uberbass 410
Cheap Bass Tard

Return to TONE