I have found the Holy Grail !

Recording tips and tricks to opitimize tone and get the sound in your head on tracks, Live PA, as well as knowledge sharing of wood, strings,hardware, anything that contributes to the ever elusive tone.

I have found the Holy Grail !

Postby Budda Boom » Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:52 am

So, I have had so many amps over the years, I probably couldn't even remember them all.

Most were short lived experiments, that were traded along the line to find better tone.

I have never felt like the rig I had was perfect.

That may no longer be the case.

I have been using an Eden Metro 2x10 combo on top of an Eden 410XLT cabinet. Simply amazing.

Then, I ended up trading up the XLT cab for a 410XST cab to get the extended five string lows. Absolutely freagin amazing !!

The only drawback is that most people crap themselves when I come rolling in the door with it ! The soundman starts getting nervous, the guitar players turn up before we even start, and it looms like a giant hammer behind me all night.

I do have gigs where I am asked to bring a small rig, but never found a small amp I liked.

So then I come across this smoking deal on an Eden WT1000 amplifier, and bought it.

Got it home, and really dug the power, and the tone shaping.

Then I searched for the right preamp.

Enter the Tech21 Sansamp Programmable Bass Driver, and holy mother of this fine Earth !

I absolutely can not believe the tone that I am getting with this line up.

Sansamp > WT1000 > 410XST

Running at 900 watts bridged into this 8 ohm 1000 watt cabinet, and it nearly knocked my house down !

It's half the size, and twice the power !

Not to mention, with the programmable DI, there are three instant tones that I can hit with a click of the foot. One super big fat tube tone, one scooped mid range for great slap tone, and one mellow moody jazz tone.

This rig is the best thing I have ever owned, and is the ultimate massive sounding tone factory !!!
I am just a cowboy, lonesome on the trail...
Budda Boom

Re: I have found the Holy Grail !

Postby Freddels » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:12 pm

I've been reading a lot of good things about the Eden cabs and it's peaked my curiosity. What's the difference b/w the XST and the XLT cabs?
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby Budda Boom » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:01 pm

The differences that I can see are that the XST has a single port across the bottom, and they use a beafier driver.

The XLT is a 700 watt cab, with a usable low end somewhere around 50hz.

The XST is a 1000 watt cab, and can dip to 35hz to get the ultra low end to come through with great clarity.

This XST on it's own sounds better than most biamped stacks I have used !

Other than that, there is a slight cost difference, usually, but definitely worth the extra, if you come across one !
I am just a cowboy, lonesome on the trail...
Budda Boom

Postby andrew » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:03 pm

I've always loved Eden cabs. The 410xlt will always be a fave for me. That cab just kills.

I don't own any Eden stuff now, but I consider the 410xlt a classic.

Anyone wants a CHEAP, killer rig, grab a used 410xlt, a G-K 800rb and a sansamp pedal and you have a loud, big toned rig for well under $1,000. Heck, maybe even for under $750.
andrew

Postby BBeden » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:20 am

Great amps

Just Bought and Eden 210 Metro, frikkin awesome sound.

It's got a D210XLT cabinet, but if I want to by a nother one, should i go for the same cabinet or buy D210XST.

what's the difference between the two, and is it alright to "mix i up" ???
BBeden

Postby Funkster » Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:11 am

Congrats on finding your voice!
I feel the same way. I just bought 2 210XST's and I couldn't be happier after all the cabs and heads I been through I finally found it. My best rig I had was a WT400 and 2 210T's I foolishly sold it for the new all the rage thing and regretted it,, After 5 years I finally got a great deal on a WT550 and used my tax dough to buy the cabs, I'm a diehard SVT for recording and rehearsal, but this rig kills live and it's light and compact and fits right in the back seat of my Gran Prix,, I actually tried one cab last night at a smaller venue and it worked fantastic.
Love Eden Stuff..
LIFE Is all about ass. You're either covering it, laughing it off, kicking it, kissing it, busting it, or trying to get a piece of it.
JFH'Productions

Henry
Funkster

Links: http://www.myspace.com/jfhproductions
http://www.jfhproductions.net
Vintage Fender basses and 70's SVT's that about sums it up for me.

Postby BBeden » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:28 am

When on the Eden Subject, Does anyone know what WT series head, "the metro" bass amp matches ?
BBeden

Postby hmagman » Mon Apr 20, 2009 6:14 am

:drool Oh great, after reading this thread now I got to try an XST cabinet. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Postby jfh2424 » Sun May 17, 2009 6:50 am

Funkster wrote:Congrats on finding your voice!
I feel the same way. I just bought 2 210XST's and I couldn't be happier after all the cabs and heads I been through I finally found it. My best rig I had was a WT400 and 2 210T's I foolishly sold it for the new all the rage thing and regretted it,, After 5 years I finally got a great deal on a WT550 and used my tax dough to buy the cabs, I'm a diehard SVT for recording and rehearsal, but this rig kills live and it's light and compact and fits right in the back seat of my Gran Prix,, I actually tried one cab last night at a smaller venue and it worked fantastic.
Love Eden Stuff..

Funkster, do you hear a differene when you stack the cabs that way? Just curious!

John
jfh2424

Postby nolabass » Sun May 17, 2009 9:04 am

That is a great way to go with 2x10 cabs. There will be less standing bass waves on stage and the 10s being closer to ear level makes it easier to hear on stage. I have always stacked my Acme 2x10s that way.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby groovemachine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:32 am

I love Eden stuff! The first good rig I had was an Eden WT300 into a D210-T and I used to live not too far from the original factory. Great stuff all the way around.
groovemachine

Return to TONE