Passive...

Recording tips and tricks to opitimize tone and get the sound in your head on tracks, Live PA, as well as knowledge sharing of wood, strings,hardware, anything that contributes to the ever elusive tone.

Passive...

Postby hmagman » Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:10 pm

For the past 3-months I've been locked into passive basses only...very much enjoyed the experience. Just saying that it brought me back to basics...
Harry
hmagman

Re: Passive...

Postby hoytbasses » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:08 pm

......so if you're on a gig and really tearin it up: does that make you "passive-aggressive?????" Cha boom....... I'm here all week!
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Postby hmagman » Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:43 pm

hoytbasses wrote:......so if you're on a gig and really tearin it up: does that make you "passive-aggressive?????" Cha boom....... I'm here all week!

LOL! [smilie=lol.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Postby Mr. Mom » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:21 am

Ditto on the passive thang. (See my thread in this forum.)

Personally, I tend to favor active basses, but as of late I'm enjoying the "rounder" bottom end of passive.

Heh heh heh....""Rounder" end......Heh heh heh
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby hoytbasses » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:06 am

Passive-Agressive... round bottom...... Yup, I dated her a long time ago! [smilie=fun_84.gif]
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Postby groovemachine » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:17 am

Yeah, I'm totally down with the passive thing. I prefer a passive pickup that's not too hot so it has good response up and down and then I like to use a preamp (Joe Meek VC3Q) to add some compression and to hit the front end of my amp really hard. You get all the aggressiveness you need/want, but can keep it nice and fat as well...IMHO, DYODD, etc.
groovemachine

Return to TONE