Babicz Full Contact Hardware

Recording tips and tricks to opitimize tone and get the sound in your head on tracks, Live PA, as well as knowledge sharing of wood, strings,hardware, anything that contributes to the ever elusive tone.

Babicz Full Contact Hardware

Postby hmagman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:58 am

Has anyone tried Babicz Full Contact Hardware bridges? [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Re: Babicz Full Contact Hardware

Postby Gil Escalera » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:33 am

hmagman wrote:Has anyone tried Babicz Full Contact Hardware bridges? [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]

I'm very interested in these bridges also Harry. I'll be following this thread.

I met Jeff at NAMM a number of years ago and had some extended conversation with him on his guitar design:

P1210022.JPG

At the time Eric Clapton was very interested in his guitars and using them A LOT. However, his endorsement contract with Martin prohibited anything more.

Jeff is the real deal. He's deeply into the tone of musical instruments. So I'm sure these bridges reflect that. Check out his website: http://www.babiczguitars.com/

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby hmagman » Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:09 am

Gil,

Thanks for the feedback... [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]

I'm gonna give the bass bridge a try on my new project Jazz. More to follow.
Harry
hmagman

Postby billyk » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:51 pm

I have 2 of these bridges.one on a Japanese Fender Aerodyne and another on a 5 string squire. They drop in and are easy to instal. I am not going to say my tone and sustain was greatly improved the bridge " locks in " your intonation and the cam is super it is a awesome way to raise and lower the strings compared with the traditional set screw.
Now interesting situation with the Aerodyne.The old bridge had a smaller foot print and was recessed.I folded aluminum foil exactly to the foot print and put about 7 folds pressed got indentations from the screw holes ,drilled through the foil placed it in the cavity and it leveled the bridge with the body and I screwed it down. "got ground?" .o yeah good ground and everything looks wonderful. Jeff has my bass on his web site it is the Dolfin Grey Aerodyne. Check it out if you are interested. Great company,nice man to work with he sends email replies real fast. Can you say win win boys and girls? Cheers Billy K.
billyk

Postby ghiadub » Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:43 pm

I checked these out at the NAMM show. The GB rep had one. I will say that it was very lightweight, but I have not tried it on a bass.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby hmagman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 am

I finally installed one of these bridges on my project P-bass yesterday... overall a very simple installation and setup. "First look"- I'm really happy with the results. Got to give it some run time, but the bridge is a really solid unit and locks down your settings. [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif] More to follow...
Harry
hmagman

Postby hmagman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:05 am

Here are a couple of pictures...
Harry
hmagman

Postby bigfatbass » Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:10 am

Since string speaking length is affected by the height adjustment cam, isn't setting intonation with one of these going to be a bit of a fuss?
"Time Is the river, eternity is the ocean, music is the water.
Play what you hear, hear what you play.
Trust your ears, serve your soul." ~Philip Toshio Sudo "Zen Guitar"

Viva Los Blancos!
http://www.casablancos.com
bigfatbass
Road Dog

Links: http://www.casablancos.com

Postby hmagman » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 pm

bigfatbass wrote:Since string speaking length is affected by the height adjustment cam, isn't setting intonation with one of these going to be a bit of a fuss?

Actually, the setting of the intonation was pretty straight ahead. Similar to all other bridges using the long threaded screw from the back of the bridge. The good new is after you've adjusted the settings, there can now be locked down. Really an nice setup... worth a checkout IMHO. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Return to TONE