New EB Bass Strings?

Recording tips and tricks to opitimize tone and get the sound in your head on tracks, Live PA, as well as knowledge sharing of wood, strings,hardware, anything that contributes to the ever elusive tone.

New EB Bass Strings?

Postby hmagman » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:24 am

Does anyone know about the "buzz" with these new EB colbalt bass strings. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Re: New EB Bass Strings?

Postby hmagman » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:06 am

Guess I'll know soon...just got a set to check out. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Postby Freddels » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:54 am

I ordered a set last week but they're back ordered. I heard some recordings of them and they do sound nice. I figured it was worth a try.
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby hmagman » Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Got a set on one of my jazz basses... a little bright for me right now. Waiting for the strings to mellow, hopefully in a day or so. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Postby Freddels » Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:37 pm

I put some on my Bongo 5 and tried them on a gig last night. They sound great in the mix. When I put them on they did sound bright. Brighter than I usually like but they did settle down quickly. They sound deep and yet they have lots of mids and highs. It's hard to describe but they do good.
|| Aguilar Tonehammer 500, Ampeg 7 Pro, Markbass CMD102P, GK 800RB||
Freddels

Postby hmagman » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:03 pm

Fourth day...still a bit ziggy for me. I may have to put the TI Power Bass strings back on soon. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif] LOL!
Harry
hmagman

Postby hmagman » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:19 pm

hmagman wrote:Fourth day...still a bit ziggy for me. I may have to put the TI Power Bass strings back on soon. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif] LOL!

OK, I take it back...the Colbalts are starting to grow on me... [smilie=music-smiley-005.gif]
Harry
hmagman

Return to TONE