Roscoe Basses

Roscoe Basses

Postby PrestiaFan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:12 am

Anyone out there playing/ever played Roscoe basses? Just curious about what people thnink of them.
"One thing that I've found, I'll still be diggin' on James Brown": Tower Of Power
PrestiaFan

Postby noahvale » Thu May 04, 2006 11:44 am

I never owned one, but I've played them a bunch at http://www.theperfectbass.com. That store is about a mile from my house. I really like the Roscoes. I generally don't like 35" scale 5's, but the Roscoe really feels right. They go from warm an deep to rip your head off modern. They are stunningly beautiful too.
noahvale
Bad Ass Admin

Links: http://ammons.org

Postby Armybass » Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:53 am

Excellent basses. They are a few hours away from me and I fully inted to get one before too long!
Armybass

Postby jefbar » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:38 am

One of the few "modern" basses that I really like. Doesn't hurt that they're made in my home state either!
Jeff
jefbar

Re: Roscoe Basses

Postby Uberjam » Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:57 pm

I have played a six string roscoe. I had it for about a year. One of the problems I had with it was that the cable port was deep within the body and only a few of my cables could reach down in there. I had to buy some cables just for use with that bass. Other than that it was a really nice bass. The tones I got out of it were great. It had a really cool warmth, hard to describe really. It played the color orange kinda. It sucked down batteries too thou. Don't leave it plugged in over night.
Only sick music makes money today.
-Friedrich Nietzsche (1844-1900)
Uberjam

Links: Basses:
Marcus Miller signature Fender Jazz V
American Standard Fender Jazz IV
3/4 kay style upright

Gear:
Genz Benz 750 head
Genz Benz 6x10 cab
Tech 21 Sans Amp RBI preamp
TC Electronic C400XL Dual channel compressor

Extra toys:
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Octave Multiplexer
Boss overdrive
Digi-tech sub octave synth
Boss loop station
Boss super octave
Boss bass chorus
Boss bass synth
Boss flanger

Recording gear:
Macbook
Ableton live 8
Korg Pandora's box PX5D
Boss DR3 Drum Machine

Re: Roscoe Basses

Postby Ryan L. » Mon Nov 12, 2007 11:37 am

I've owned three Roscoe SKB3006's in the past few years. They are wonderful instruments. One of the best low B strings in the business, while still retaining excellent balance with the other strings. Perfect fit and finish, capable of extremely low action, and with the Bart pickups and preamp, sound great.
Ryan L.

Return to 5 AND BEYOND