Spector Legend Classic 6

Spector Legend Classic 6

Postby MoBeach » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Has anyone played this 6 string model? It looks neck heavy to me, could be because of an under sized body? What can the tone be compared to?
Bye
MoBeach

Links: Custom Build P/J, ESP D6, Schecter C4, Yamaha RBX-A2 (E,A,D,G,C) Brice fretless 6er.
Gallien Krueger Fusion 550 head through Genz Benz cabs.

Re: Spector Legend Classic 6

Postby Paul DeLano » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:45 pm

I played a couple of them at NAMM this year. I didn't notice it being particularly neck heavy, but I didn't get a chance to play it with a strap, just sitting down.
The tone seemed pretty standard for an active bass with EMGs, but again, Spector was on the main floor a couple feet away from Drum Hell so any critical subtleties sort of get lost in the racket.

[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Paul
"Look, just between us, nothing good ever comes from playing guitar. Nothing." - Kennan Shaw
Paul DeLano

Postby Gil Escalera » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:57 pm

Paul DeLano wrote:I played a couple of them at NAMM this year. I didn't notice it being particularly neck heavy, but I didn't get a chance to play it with a strap, just sitting down.
The tone seemed pretty standard for an active bass with EMG's.

Ditto. I thought it was pretty light for a 6 string with a wide, yet comfortable neck width.

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby MoBeach » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:58 pm

How was the string spacing? 17 or 19mm? I found a couple new for $739, which seems like a half decent deal compared to prices I've seen elsewhere. I'm still looking at the Raven West but I'm also shopping around.
Bye
MoBeach

Links: Custom Build P/J, ESP D6, Schecter C4, Yamaha RBX-A2 (E,A,D,G,C) Brice fretless 6er.

Postby Gil Escalera » Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:31 pm

It felt like 17mm to me, and a quick trip to the website says 0.66" or roughly - 17mm ;)

After reading at the website my memory was jogged that the EMG's are passive dual coils made for Spector. The model number is EMG-SSD (Stuart Spector Designs). The 2 band active eq gives it that "active" sound.

http://www.spectorbass.com/professional/classic6.html

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby Paul DeLano » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:17 am

MoBeach wrote:How was the string spacing? 17 or 19mm?

It was comfortable enough for me to play, so I'd say it was closer to 17 than 19.

[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Paul
"Look, just between us, nothing good ever comes from playing guitar. Nothing." - Kennan Shaw
Paul DeLano

Postby MoBeach » Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:32 am

I bought a Schecter Elite 5 string online once because it was a factory closeout for $200 (normal street price was around $700) and the string spacing ended up being 16.5mm at the bridge. I sold it a week later for $300 [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif] I love the Schecter 4's but everything else I'm unsure of.
Bye
MoBeach

Return to 5 AND BEYOND