I finally settled on a 6er

I finally settled on a 6er

Postby MoBeach » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:28 pm

After a lot of reading and figuring out what I really wanted I went with a ESP LTD D6. It's pretty affordable, which was a factor, but it's very solid and well built, on the heavy side but not too bad. Merbau body, neck through with a mahogany/maple neck, Grover tuners, active low, mid and high boost/cut. narrow spacing for me, I think it's 16.5mm at the bridge but very comfy to play and it's a fast neck with low action. I'm happy with it except for the SIT strings, they seem very tight! I like to do some bending and it's not happening with these strings.

Bye
MoBeach

Links: Custom Build P/J, ESP D6, Schecter C4, Yamaha RBX-A2 (E,A,D,G,C) Brice fretless 6er.
Gallien Krueger Fusion 550 head through Genz Benz cabs.

Re: I finally settled on a 6er

Postby Paul DeLano » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:14 am

Very cool! 16.5 is my preferred spacing at the bridge, I think once you get used to it you'll love it too. Look into Circle K strings, they can put together a set to your preferences and they last forever.

[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Paul
"Look, just between us, nothing good ever comes from playing guitar. Nothing." - Kennan Shaw
Paul DeLano

Postby MoBeach » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:20 am

I already checked out the Circle K site, I'm trying to determine which ones I want. As long as they're not tight! These SIT's are like steel rods.

So no Raven West yet for me.. I emailed them with some questions and they never got back to me. Schecter got back to me right away, they're all about selling guitars. I just don't like the body shapes of the Stiletto's.
Bye
MoBeach

Links: Custom Build P/J, ESP D6, Schecter C4, Yamaha RBX-A2 (E,A,D,G,C) Brice fretless 6er.

Postby Rob Francis » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:22 pm

looks great Mo!
Rob Francis

Postby hmagman » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:37 am

:drool Congrats...
Harry
hmagman

Postby MoBeach » Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:47 am

I'll add that the bass is heavy!
Bye
MoBeach

Postby Paul DeLano » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:37 am

When you say heavy, how heavy? Just curious.

I have a Conklin Sidewinder 7 that weighs in at over 14 lbs, but my Bee 8s are only 10lbs 2 oz.

[smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]

Paul
"Look, just between us, nothing good ever comes from playing guitar. Nothing." - Kennan Shaw
Paul DeLano

Postby MoBeach » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:23 pm

The info I found says 13.8 lbs. The website has no weight specs.
Bye
MoBeach

Return to 5 AND BEYOND