Pickups

Pickups

Postby BriMac1958 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:37 pm

Hey to all of yins! I'm new here, but have been 'lurking' for about a week or so.

I play an old VESTER 5 string with active electronics and am thinking that the pickups may be dying on me. I found a need to raise the pickups closer to the G string and now, it's so bad that I've had to lower the bridge saddles for the G & D and raise them (progressively) for A to B. Follow me? The configuration is drivin' me nuts! Although, I've been getting used to it.

My question is: Should I stick to active or go to passive? What brand do yins recommend?

Thanks in advance,

Brian
Bar band to audience:

"EVERYBODY TAKE A DRINK!"
BriMac1958

Postby Bob Amstadt » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:03 am

If you like the sound of your bass, I would recommend finding as close of a replacement as you can.
Looperlative Audio Products
http://www.looperlative.com
Bob Amstadt
Bouncer

Postby BriMac1958 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:06 am

Thanks, Bob. I'm sure that you're right. I love the sound that I get through my old Trace Elliot, even though it's just a stage monitor for me. Plus, no sense screwing up the sound man. (He can get vindictive! LOL) JK. He's quite capable and is so flexible that he makes a 'SLINKY' look like a lead pipe.
So, as far as sound goes, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I like the way you think.
Thanks again.

Brian
Bar band to audience:

"EVERYBODY TAKE A DRINK!"
BriMac1958

Return to 5 AND BEYOND