MJ4 Demo Online

Leo's "Final Frontier"

MJ4 Demo Online

Postby edfriedland » Sun Oct 20, 2013 5:44 pm

Hey guys, please pardon the drive by , I know I'm never here... but I do see lots of you around the other online realms... But I know this is where the G&L nuts hang, so I thought I'd make sure you knew about this.

Bass Whisperer demos the MJ4

I'm going to be doing a whole series of G&L demos this year, so stay tuned!

It's funny... I've known about G&L ever since they started, tried a few, never really got the bug until I demo'ed the Tribute L2K. This past year, I got it in my head that I needed an L2.5, so I picked up a used '97 for cheap on TB. That bass has been on 85% of my gigs ever since. I finally "got" what they're about, and now I'm experiencing my first full-blown case of G&L fever. I'm totally digging it. The MJ4 is a superb axe! It does everything a J can do, but better (IMO) and it's super versatile. I also have an M2500 in queue for demo, and a list of other models that will be coming in over the next few months. So... I need to dig around here and get up to speed with Leo's Last Word. Hope you enjoy the demo!
edfriedland

Re: MJ4 Demo Online

Postby bdgotoh » Mon Oct 21, 2013 12:02 am

Hey Ed, nice to see you here. I saw the review vid yesterday and liked it, as always. I thought you did a nice job of showing off the flexibility. I got a chance to check out an M2000 a few weeks back and really liked the preamp - nice range of tones without having anything that's too much at the extremes of knob travel. Same thing when I got to try my friends MJ-4, especially since it had the #12 neck - I quite liked the feel of that neck!
bdgotoh
Bad Ass Evil One

Re: MJ4 Demo Online

Postby Mr. Mom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:07 am

I'm always amazed that the basses made by G&L, the culmination of a lifetime of making the most influential/copied basses (Jazz, Precision, 'Ray), aren't more widely used or sought. They are a true "desert island" bass if there ever was one. IMO, of course.

Ed, glad to have to here! Stick around and make it a habit to pop in every now and again. This place (BABP) doesn't get the volume that other bass sites do, but the lack of BS here TOTALLY makes up for it!!
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Return to G&L