Bridge allen screws for L-2000?

Leo's "Final Frontier"

Bridge allen screws for L-2000?

Postby jim.i » Sun May 04, 2014 6:46 am

Anyone have spare allen screws for bridge locking screw and string saddles, or know where i can get them? I think(?) they are the same for both uses. I've emailed G&L but haven't heard back. I was told the "Tension Screw" set in the G&L store are probably not what i want.
jim.i

Re: Bridge allen screws for L-2000?

Postby Flash » Wed May 07, 2014 7:41 pm

The "Tension Screw" set is what you want for the locking screw. Unfortunately it looks like you have to order an entire bridge saddle set in order to get the screws for the bridge saddles. There is a chance I may have some of the tension screws around - I'll check but I have a feeling they were left behind when I parted ways with Guitar Man. I'll PM you if I have any.
Flash

Postby Mike A » Thu May 08, 2014 5:12 am

I'll try to remember to pull one tonight and measure it. No reason to spend a bunch of money on a set screw... it should be something pretty standard.
Mike A

Postby jim.i » Thu May 08, 2014 5:41 am

Thanks all. I've emailed G&L also but haven't heard back yet. Still struggling to get the current screw out. I'm going to borrow a bunch of different size metric and SAE allen wrenches, maybe that will be the solution.
Last edited by jim.i on Thu May 08, 2014 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jim.i

Postby jim.i » Thu May 08, 2014 6:19 am

Little more info: I was able to remove the locking screw, it is very short in length. Turns out the screw "pocket" is barely deep enough for the Allen wrench to insert to a depth that securely grabs the screw. For some reason a #2 metric worked better than a 5/64 sae, even tho they are quite close. Also, i could not get the long arm of the wrench in the screw for better leverage as the tone knob gets in the way. So at least i confirmed there IS a removable screw in there. Still hoping to find spares.
jim.i

Postby Mike A » Tue May 13, 2014 10:23 am

I (of course) forgot to check, but a quick search turned up that it may be a #8-32, which sounds right. Grab one at your local hardware store about 1/8" or 3/16" long and give it a whirl. Shouldn't be expensive at all.
Mike A

Postby jim.i » Tue May 13, 2014 12:09 pm

Per G&L, via Ken B, my Feb 2014 mfg USA L2000 bridge screws are metric, and only available as part of the complete bridge assembly. I'll try to identify the metric diameter/thread and then search around. Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
jim.i

Return to G&L