L-1000 under 9lbs

Leo's "Final Frontier"

L-1000 under 9lbs

Postby MickeyOne » Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:18 pm

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/msd/5312919457.html

I was up there and checked this out. It's probably an '83 and it's spent most of it's life in dive bars, but if you are looking for a light weight Hog L-1000, (approx 8.5lbs) Jerry told me he will take $600 plus tax on this. He also has an SB-1 (precision type) with a paddle style headstock. ('89?) The L-1000 body has darkened and the neck (#5) was sanded down in the first position only. Plays well-sounds very good, especially in the OMG mode. Willing to help anyone here who is interested. Probably would have bought it if I didn't already have the same exact bass in an '81.
MickeyOne

Re: L-1000 under 9lbs

Postby GGJaguar » Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:44 pm

Ohh, that's a transitional '83. The earliest (Jan '83) had skunk stripe necks and old style headstocks. The transitional ones from Feb-Apr had the old style head with a bi-cut neck. The "normal" '83s had the bi-cut neck and headstock with point.
GGJaguar
Bouncer

Postby dukeplaysbass » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:35 am

GGJaguar wrote:Ohh, that's a transitional '83. The earliest (Jan '83) had skunk stripe necks and old style headstocks. The transitional ones from Feb-Apr had the old style head with a bi-cut neck. The "normal" '83s had the bi-cut neck and headstock with point.

Thank you, Greg! I learn something new from you every time.

Does that one in the pic have slot pole pieces, or hex? Can't really tell from here....
Father Gino wrote:...back when men were men and basses had four strings.

Check out my site...
dukeplaysbass
Wunkay Wuver

Postby GGJaguar » Sun Dec 06, 2015 4:05 pm

Those would be the small hex head poles (like they use today).
GGJaguar
Bouncer

Return to G&L