WTB 2x Gig-Bag

Post your wants, needs or trades for all things bass here. All items posted on and sold through BABP's for a value exceeding $100, will require a 5% fee of the total price by the seller, once the item has been considered sold through this site. Payment can be completed with the Paypal buttons at the top or bottom, or by money order (email or PM me for address ). Use your own discretion with whom you are dealing with. Badassbassplayers.com assumes ZERO responsibility on any transactions.Players helping players.

WTB 2x Gig-Bag

Postby Sloom » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Anyone have one they don't use- or know who makes a decent bag for 2 basses that won't break the bank?

Thanks... [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
"Whatever we do, it is what it is, and we do it".
-The Grubs.

Tad Lackluster's Soundcloud
Sloom

Links: http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Novera ... 7439378..1

Re: WTB 2x Gig-Bag

Postby Mike Childree » Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:45 am

I've had a Tobias-branded Levy's bag that I've used hard for over 20 years....and I got it used! Nary a problem with it. Can't do much better than that at any price, IMO
Mike Childree
Bouncer

Postby MickeyOne » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:06 pm

Had a cheap warwick rock bag that looked very cheap but functioned well. (Used under $50)
MickeyOne

Postby kennans » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:24 am

I've got a Fender Double Bag gathering a lot of dust. It could be had cheap!
kennans
Road Dog

Postby bigfatbass » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:30 pm

I'd like to find a new one, too. My Incognito is blowing apart in places, and the handle is shredded. For a simple nylon and soft foam bag, it is also surprisingly heavy. With my Hoyt 5, and a back up P 4 banger, it's a back breaker. If these weren't so expensive, and I could find a weight listing, I would go for 2 of these velcro-ed together: http://www.skbcases.com/music/products/ ... &c=84&s=75
"Time Is the river, eternity is the ocean, music is the water.
Play what you hear, hear what you play.
Trust your ears, serve your soul." ~Philip Toshio Sudo "Zen Guitar"

Viva Los Blancos!
http://www.casablancos.com
bigfatbass
Road Dog

Links: http://www.casablancos.com

Postby kennans » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:40 pm

That SKB is nice. I like that company. Truth is, two basses are heavy. Whatever bag you use is going to fall apart from the strain.
kennans
Road Dog

Postby ghiadub » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:22 pm

I have an incase 2x bag that I got from someone on this board. not Cheap, not light, but feels a lot lighter than two cases.

I have used it quite a bit when I feel the need to bring two basses, it is my "go to" bag. This thing is made better and stronger than most plywood cases I have had. The flat parts have puncture resistant plastic panels.

Mine is not for sale but well worth the high price tag IMO. Again, not light, but as previously stated, two basses are not light even with a cheap-o bag.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby steveonbass » Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:06 am

I've had a Mouradian double bag for 10 years now. Have used it a LOT. It has never had any issues and the bag adds very minimal weight - great product. (mines not for sale but i just thought I'd chime in)
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby 57RIP » Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:59 am

2 Protec contego's... 1 on each of my separated shoulders works best for me...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Return to WANTED