Beater 2U Shallow Rack Case (or anything up to 4U)

Post your wants, needs or trades for all things bass here. All items posted on and sold through BABP's for a value exceeding $100, will require a 5% fee of the total price by the seller, once the item has been considered sold through this site. Payment can be completed with the Paypal buttons at the top or bottom, or by money order (email or PM me for address ). Use your own discretion with whom you are dealing with. Badassbassplayers.com assumes ZERO responsibility on any transactions.Players helping players.

Beater 2U Shallow Rack Case (or anything up to 4U)

Postby Mike A » Thu May 22, 2014 9:18 am

I had a "Line Level" knob casualty last night with my practice head, so it's time to protect it a bit. I'd LOVE to find a (very?) cheap 2-space SKB shallow rack or similar to throw it in. If I can't find anything cheap enough, I'll fabricate something myself... maybe just a protection cage that will fasten over the face and mount to the rack ear holes. Anyway, beat up/painted/scuffed/scratched is all fine... if I can find a 2U, I'm going to ventilate the top anyway (over the fan on the GK 1001rbI.)

Thanks.
Mike A

Re: Beater 2U Shallow Rack Case (or anything up to 4U)

Postby Gil Escalera » Sat May 24, 2014 6:55 pm

Hey Mike,

I got a couple of cases from Jerome (funkycarnivore) when he was cleaning out his parents garage. One is a 2 space ATA road case with JEROME stenciled on it and also a standard SKB 4 space case. You are welcome to either of them, just cover shipping. They're not new but they're in good condition. Similar to the pics below.

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby Mike A » Tue May 27, 2014 7:11 am

The 2U "Jerome" case would be PERFECT, Gil! I'd be more than happy to pay shipping to 42701. Just let me know how.
Mike A

Postby basswinn » Tue May 27, 2014 11:30 am

Gil, Where is Jerome now? Hope he's doing well.

Ronnie
basswinn

Postby Mike A » Wed May 28, 2014 4:51 am

I still see him posting basses for sale occasionally! Heh.
Mike A

Postby Gil Escalera » Thu May 29, 2014 7:28 pm

Hey Mike,

Sorry to have gone AWOL on you. Been wrestling computer woes and time constraints. PM me the address and I'll get it out to you a.s.a.p.

Ronnie -

Jerome "funkycarnivore" Gaw is doing well. He used to live with his parents in the same city as me but moved out when he began his career as a children's social worker in Los Angeles. He's still playing as well as buying & selling basses. He's active on Facebook along with a lot of the old gang. ;)

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Postby Mike A » Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:24 pm

FWIW, I ended up with a "JEROME" branded ATA case from Gil for the generous price of shipping and it's been perfect for my needs. Thanks again, Gil. You've always been top notch in my book!
Mike A

Postby hoytbasses » Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:55 am

it's easy to find Jerome on Farcebag: Just about daily he's posting pictures of the many bastardizations of his name on various cups as a result of getting his daily starbucks fix. He's also a member of 'the bass pit' on facebook.

karl

and yes, I think we should start a Gil Escalera fan club! I'll be treasurer.
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Return to WANTED