Nice Looking G&L Tribby L2k. Coupla issues, though.

This forum is for active members of this community only. Do not make your first post here @ BABP's a for sale ad, it will be deleted !
All items posted on and sold through BABP's for a value exceeding $100, will require a 5% fee of the total price by the seller, once the item has been considered sold through this site. Payment can be completed with the Paypal buttons at the top or bottom, or by money order (email or PM me for address ). All items posted, must be music related. Links to ads or auctions, third party sales, or posts outside of the For Sale Forum are subject to warning or deletion without notice. Once an item sells, edit the title with "SOLD", and bump it to the top. Any items not sold after 90 days will be deleted. Use your own discretion with whom you are dealing with. No third party sales Only registered members can post, anyone can read. Make sure to specify exactly what forms of payment are accepted and shipping date, in accordance to payment. Badassbassplayers.com assumes ZERO responsibility on any transactions, but may assist with any dispute at our discretion. Only known dealers and builders who are members, along with administrative approval, are allowed to post and are asked to donate from sales here.
Thank you for your support

Nice Looking G&L Tribby L2k. Coupla issues, though.

Postby Mr. Mom » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:03 am

On a selling tear and got the urge for new gear. This is next on the block.

Got this local. VERY nice looking tobacco 'burst Tribute L2000. Excellent condition. Sounds very nice, too. IMO this one has a nice midrange bark/growl to it. Not as dark as other G&L's I've owned. YMMV, of course. I've played it on a couple of gigs and it cut through a dense mix with ease.

Issues:
--IMO it needs a fret level and the fret ends need to be rounded. Not a super big deal but just a FYI.
--This next one's a bit of a bigger deal. After I bought the bass and had it for a while I remembered that I had forgotten to go over the bass and tighten all the screws. Something I do with all new-to-me basses. When I got to the bridge screws, the screws behind the E and A strings wouldn't tighten and just turned freely. Thought they were stripped which is no biggie and an easy fix. BUT, I picked up the bass and held it in playing position (it had been face up for the screw tightening) and the two screws heads fell off the bass. The screws had, at some point, been over tightened to the point of the screw heads coming off the screws. DOH! End result is, two of the six bridge screw shafts need to be fished out of the body. That's just something I don't want to deal with. Plus, that G&L humbucker thing is just not for me ATM.

Now, the good news is that the bridge/bass is playable as-is. The bridge still has four screws holding it down. I replaced the screws behind the D and G strings with good, high quality wood screws just in case the other screws were weak. And IMO the fret level will make this sucker play real nice.

Soooooo....I bought the base for $400 with a decent HSC. I'm not sure how to price this one. Again, it's playable as-is but I'd consider it a fixer-upper. $300 + shipping? Does that sound right?
I don't know and I don't care,
'Cause I don't wear Tonto's underwear.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Re: Nice Looking G&L Tribby L2k. Coupla issues, though.

Postby Mr. Mom » Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:08 am

Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Mike A » Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:53 pm

Hmmmm... what part of Ohio & what's the weight?
Mike A

Postby ghiadub » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:50 pm

Ken had a string thru mod that used the inner screw holes. As long as those two outside screws are tight and solid, you should be good to go.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby Mr. Mom » Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:18 pm

My bathroom scale that weighs in half pound increments says 9 lbs.

And the bridge is secure as-is. For sure. BUT it's not something I wouldn't mention.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Mike A » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 pm

Well, I want it, but will have to wait to get some of my money back from Uncle Sam. If you need to sell it before I can swing it, obviously I can't hold that against ya. :)
Mike A

Postby Mr. Mom » Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:14 pm

Mike A wrote:Well, I want it, but will have to wait to get some of my money back from Uncle Sam. If you need to sell it before I can swing it, obviously I can't hold that against ya. :)

Sure thing!

Oh yeah: I live just NW of Columbus, in Powell.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Mr. Mom » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:20 am

Thanks! yes, a looker for sure. Nice grain on the rosewood board, too.

I think this is a good deal, and the bass will be a fantastic player, for somebody willing to put in a little work.
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Mike A » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:13 am

PM to ya, sir.
Mike A

Postby Billhw13 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:09 am

If not spoken for, I'll take it.
Billhw13

Postby Mr. Mom » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:26 am

Mike A, you've got first refusal.

Bill, you can have it if Mike A refuses.

Thanks guys! I'm glad this is looking to stay in the BABP family!
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Mike A » Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:49 am

Thanks for the consideration, Mr Mom, but sell 'er to Bill with my blessing! I don't really have any business buying it right now anyway. I just know a great deal when I see one and LOVE G&L's. Another 1911 purchase has kinda painted me into a corner over a bass purchase.

Thanks again!
Mike A

Postby Mr. Mom » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:44 pm

Mike, if the time ain't right then it wasn't want to be. Thanks for the interest! Shoot, with this group you'll prolly see here again!

Bill, PM returned.

Two basses sold in one week here on BABP!!
Mr. Mom
Bad Ass Slut

Postby Billhw13 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Thanks for letting her come my way, Mike.
Come to papa!
Billhw13

Next

Return to FOR SALE