lefty 73 p-bass advice

Older is better here. If Kebo has to explain, you wouldn't understand.

lefty 73 p-bass advice

Postby nickyn99 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:05 pm

Hello all - what would be the value of a 73 lefty p-bass. Below is a link with pics. I am the buyer but after getting having second thoughts. I can return it. I did not notice how bad the neck joint sticks out beyond the g-string side of the neck. Also some input jack issues. I paid $3795 for this bass. What do you all think, again I have until Thursday to return it.

Thanks
http://www.gbase.com/Stores/Gear/GearDetails.aspx?Item=1888576
nickyn99

Re: lefty 73 p-bass advice

Postby Kevin Probass Borden » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:53 am

I know the bass, I know the dealer very well. This is a quality issue free bass that is priced VERY fair. I just saw a 74 thats not as clean for 5500.00 last weekend. My advice, put tuner clener on a q-tip and clean the jack.
Kevin Probass Borden

Postby steveonbass » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:54 am

What makes the price so high? Because it's a lefty? I didn't pay anywhere near that for my 74's
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby Kevin Probass Borden » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:06 am

Steve, 74s are a bunch less then 73s. an average 73 tort guard P is around hi 2s right now to low 3s. This bass is CLEAN so add a few$$$ and its lefty so add a few more. 3500-4000 is the price for a NICE lefty 73.
Kevin Probass Borden

Postby nickyn99 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:12 am

Kevin Probass Borden wrote:I know the bass, I know the dealer very well. This is a quality issue free bass that is priced VERY fair. I just saw a 74 thats not as clean for 5500.00 last weekend. My advice, put tuner clener on a q-tip and clean the jack.

Thanks for the advice but will be sending it back. For the money, the bass is not blowing me away the way I was hoping and it does have an issue with the jack.
My mid 90's p-bass sounds as good if not better so... As you know the lefty p-bass is probably the most common vintage piece to find, there's a few lefties on gbase right now so eventually I will find the right one. I hate returning things and the seller seems like a cool dude and again thanks for the advice.
nickyn99

Postby andrew » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:30 am

That looks like my '73, only it isn't beat to shit!
andrew

Return to VINTAGE