A question about my magazine article

Older is better here. If Kebo has to explain, you wouldn't understand.

A question about my magazine article

Postby Kevin Probass Borden » Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:04 am

I have a ton of thoughts whistling thru my head for my next articles. The next 2 in the hopper are A) 10 maint tips and B) An interview w/Roger Sadowsky.

What are your thoughts? The column is there to give the readers what they want. Im thinking on going a comparson on a 58, 68 and 78 Pbasses.
Kevin Probass Borden

Re: A question about my magazine article

Postby felig » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:15 am

All 3 sound like good thoughts. I'd always be open to an article along the lines of using vintage basses with vintage vs. modern amps. E.g., maybe it's just me, but nothing beats an old Fender P or J going through a tube Fender bass amp (in my case, a Bassman or my late '70s Studio Bass. Also, a Ricky 4001 sounds best to me through some more modern amps (e.g. an Ashdown or my GK800rb), rather than through some of my vintage (e.g. SVT). I know individual tastes have a lot to do with it, but I think some vintage basses come more alive with enhanced eq options that are provided by more modern amps, while others benefit more by being run through amps that were contempory with them.
felig

Re: A question about my magazine article

Postby Rob Francis » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:31 pm

I think the maint tips is always a potential hit myself. [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
I really like the idea of paring guitars with amps too. I don't remember ever seeing it done before. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]
Rob Francis

Return to VINTAGE