Luv for the 64 P

Older is better here. If Kebo has to explain, you wouldn't understand.

Luv for the 64 P

Postby dukeplaysbass » Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:47 am

I filled in last night for Fred Hammon of Dark Star Fame (yes, that's his real title). Fred's at NAMM and I've got his Thurs, Fri, Sat regular gig.

I decided to bring the old Gunslinger ASAT last night for the skinny neck, but I also brought the refin 64 P I got from KeBo in Januray of February. I have done one show the P so far, but it was a really low volume gig and I wanted to try it out in a more rockin' setting.

I was sorta perplexed because I play EUB for the first set. Sounded OK. Then the ASAT sounded kinda anemic (I'm going to post over the G&L section about this). So, for the last 2 sets, I plugged in the 64 P to see if it made a difference....

Man, it sounds so sweet....

Had it going through a SVT-II (thanks, Tim!) and a Shcroder 4x10 (thanks, Jorg!).....

Just rock and roll goodness.
Father Gino wrote:...back when men were men and basses had four strings.

Check out my site...
dukeplaysbass
Wunkay Wuver

Re: Luv for the 64 P

Postby cripula » Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:05 pm

If yours is anything like mine I'm not surprised. My 64 is a growly snarly rock machine. One of the best necks ever too.
cripula

Postby pbassplayer » Thu Jun 26, 2008 4:43 pm

i have a 64p that i pretty much use all the time,for me nothing else comes close to the sound and feel of this bass.
pbassplayer

Postby DaveyG67 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:26 am

If yours is anything like mine I'm not surprised. My 64 is a growly snarly rock machine. One of the best necks ever too.

+1 on that... I've been taking my '64 P out again for the past two weeks. Man, I almost forgot how GOOD that bass sounds. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
DaveyG67
Sacto Ho

Return to VINTAGE