Hardwired wireless Xmitter?

It's all about the stage, groove, recordings, events, videos, solos and chops right here.

Hardwired wireless Xmitter?

Postby spideyjg » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:32 pm

A bit baffled here.

The bass player of a band opening for the Maidens pops an E string on his P/J 2 songs from the end of their set. He finishes the song on 3 rapidly detuning strings. Not wanting to see a brother suffer, we run back and offer the guy the SB-1 to finish up.

He can't because his wireless is hard wired into his bass output and can't be removed.

They were tuned down a half step also so the rest of the band banters and starts “Patience” while the guy tosses on a new E string and gets it tuned.

I've never seen anyone with their output hardwired before. Color me confrused. [smilie=coz.gif]

Jim
Silverbass wrote:gawd damn the pusher man
spideyjg
Bouncer

Re: Hardwired wireless Xmitter?

Postby Gil Escalera » Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:48 pm

I've seen it. Typically with very active (i.e. running all over the stage) guitarists and bassists. The one guy I knew who did this, did a lot of acrobats with his guitar (i.e. swinging it around his neck and shoulder) in addition to running all around the stage. By wiring it direct to the guitar body he was able to keep any plugs and cables from protruding and being a potential "snagging" point. In other words, no chance of his guitar getting accidentally disconnected. IIRC, EVH did this in the early days as well.

- Gil
To "B" or not to "B"... that is the question. ;)
Gil Escalera
Global Bouncer

Re: Hardwired wireless Xmitter?

Postby nig » Sun Dec 06, 2009 6:40 am

whats wrong with gaffa tape ! thats a bit extreme and sure enough it went tits up for him and look what happened.
'Using yesterdays technology to create tommorrows problems today'

nig

Return to PERFORMANCE