Which side of the drummer?

It's all about the stage, groove, recordings, events, videos, solos and chops right here.

Re: Which side of the drummer?

Postby andrew » Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:18 am

I'm always on the drummer's right. Not because of musical reasons, but because I'm left handed, so that means both mine and our right handed guitar player's headstocks point outward to give more room on the stage for our front man.
andrew

Re: Which side of the drummer?

Postby 57RIP » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:28 pm

where is it quietest ? that's where I want to be. In general I prefer the hat side. I'm going to buy the kit for my next drummer ... Cajon, leg bells and a mic ... actually I already did as I have a set of V-Drums - damn but I love those things in spite of the goofy look. when we rehearse - we don't actually even need vocal mics... we use 'em just to be sure that we're used to it but for the most part I can sing louder than I have the PA set ... not for everybody I know but I for one am done with ringing ears and relying on ear plugs ...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Previous

Return to PERFORMANCE