Oz Noy's take on Cissy Strut

It's all about the stage, groove, recordings, events, videos, solos and chops right here.

Oz Noy's take on Cissy Strut

Postby groovemachine » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:47 am

I'm really loving this track! A drummer buddy clued me into this. Anton Fig on drums, Will Lee on bass...I worked out the bass line and am loving it! This will be a really hip way to do Cissy Strut...especially with a non-Zigaboo drummer. Please throw out recommendations of any similar type of groove stuff as I'm hungry for more!

groovemachine

Re: Oz Noy's take on Cissy Strut

Postby nolabass » Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 am

Always good to hear a fresh approach to Meters. Anton is hinting strongly at Zig, especially in the solo section. I have a feeling if a drummer can do that broken time sig he can do Zigs straight up Cissy Strut. The broken meter fucks up my groove clock though. Clever, fresh, but little too far away from the deep pocket to get me too excited. [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby Jerry » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:48 pm

I've been a big Oz Noy freak for a bit, the rhythm section work on all his albums has be great. His latest also has Reggie Washington and Roscoe Beck on bass.
Aloha, Jerry
Jerry
Bouncer/Juice Hound

Links: Main gear:Mike Lull TC5/Mike Lull PJ5/Mike Lull MV5 Maple, MV5 rosewood/ Valenti PJ5/Kala U5/ Turner RENAISSANCE 5/ Lakland 55-02 & 55-01/Fender Roscoe Beck basses. Bergantino B-amp/ Mesa800/ Tecamp Puma900, Neve DI, Carvin B2000, Genz Benz Shuttle 9.0 & Streamliner900, Bergantino CN212 CN112, CN210 & AE 4/10/ Epifani UL cabs

Postby 57RIP » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:26 pm

Interesting take for sure. I miss the groove though. Too angular for me...
I used to look at my dog Smokey and think, "If you were a little smarter, you could tell me what you're thinking," and he'd look back at me like he was saying, "If you were a little smarter, I wouldn't have to." - Fred Jungclaus
57RIP

Return to PERFORMANCE