Should I Do It?........It's Done, Pics Posted!

A choice, not an echo.

Should I Do It?........It's Done, Pics Posted!

Postby Laredo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:28 am

I have a chance to get a brand new Thunderbird in Classic White for $1,300.00. I always wanted one in white, but never really got into them too much. They are now going to discontinue this color, so it may be my last chance, unless used.................Seems like a good price on a new one, how much do the used ones go for? [smilie=coz.gif]

Thanks! [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif]
Last edited by Laredo on Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
YOU ARE NEVER TOO DEAD.......TO BE RESURRECTED!!!!
Laredo

Re: Should I Do It?.....................

Postby GLJeff » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:20 am

Is it the Thunderbird IV or Studio? If it's the IV it's a good deal.
GLJeff

Postby Bassilisk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:56 am

Get it - I don't think you'll regret it!!

Keep an eye on this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Thunderbird- ... dZViewItem
Attachments
Me&TBirdA.jpg
http://www.risky-biz.com

Save the earth. It's the only planet with beer.
Bassilisk

Postby Nocturnal » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:59 am

Sounds like a really good deal for a new one! Especially in that color. If you don't like it I doubt you would have much trouble flipping it.
Nocturnal

Postby GLJeff » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:27 pm

Probably a dumb question but what do these sound like? I tried a new one about 20 years ago but the store owner only let me try it through a POS Peavey combo with a blown speaker. I asked how I was supposed to determine what the bass sounded like. When he shrugged his shoulders I hung up the bass and walked out. If you want to make a sale why not let someone play it through a decent amp? Duhh!
GLJeff

Postby Laredo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:25 pm

GLJeff wrote:Is it the Thunderbird IV or Studio? If it's the IV it's a good deal.

It's the IV, not sure they ever made the Studio in white? Seems like a good deal to me, that I won't have the opportunity to get again. Several years ago I had a chance to get a new white T-Bird for $1,000.00 and I passed................If I give this one up who knows, especially since the Classic White has been discontinued.
Laredo

Postby drbassman » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:51 am

Get it! They growl just as much, if not more than a p bass. Very slim easy to play neck. $1300 would be a good price for one in excellent condition.

I'm fixin' a hole where the rain gets in......
drbassman

Postby Laredo » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:12 pm

Well,

It's on hold for me [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif].............Now I gotta see if I can bring her home this week. Too much G.A.S. recently, and I probably am not done for the month (BABP LE III). [smilie=icon_eek.gif] Gonna have to move some six string geetars to make room for more basses! [smilie=cheeky-smiley-025.gif]
Laredo

Postby Mike » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:50 pm

By all means get it and let us know how you like it!

Mike
But the rainbow has a beard.

Models 1917 and 29 Man
Mike

Location: NYC State of Mind (In A Second Amendment Kinda Way)

Postby aussiemark » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:21 pm

Hope you get one that wasn't made on Monday morning, Friday afternoon, or straight after lunch. I'd be more comfortable buying a used Gibson rather than a new one these days.
aussiemark

Postby Laredo » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:19 pm

aussiemark wrote:Hope you get one that wasn't made on Monday morning, Friday afternoon, or straight after lunch. I'd be more comfortable buying a used Gibson rather than a new one these days.

LOL! [smilie=grinning-smiley-044.gif] I can identify for sure..............I am friends (sort of) with the local Gibson Dealer. I get to check a lot of their stuff out when it arrives, before it even goes on display. I have even done a little set-up stuff for them. The things Gibson is putting out can be scary..............Even on the high dollar stuff. Don't get me wrong, for the most part it is excellent, but variances between guitars can be great [smilie=icon_eek.gif] I purchased a Figured Les Paul Supreme in November (not a low end geetar), and I had to send the first one back due to the nut work and string alignment! The second one is very nice. [smilie=icon_biggrin.gif] Like with many guitar makers these days..................I have found it is best to stay away from "Sight Unseen" purchases and ordering on-line. If you find one you like in a Music Store when you play it, you'd better get that one. If you go home and order it on-line, it may not be the same guitar you liked and fell in love with!

Gibson lunch break................ :toke: [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Laredo

Postby godofthunder » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:29 am

$1300 for a new one is a good deal. I love mine though I have made some mods to it. I installed a Dimarzio model G, deepened the cutaway, Badass I bridge and chrome tuners. This bass rocks ! Image
godofthunder

Postby godofthunder » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:35 am

Another picture of me rock'n the Butcher Bird. Image
godofthunder

Re: Should I Do It?........It's Done, Pics Posted!

Postby Laredo » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:42 pm

I brought it home yesterday...................After much consideration, the G.A.S. won! [smilie=fun_84.gif]

Tbird I.jpg

Tbird II.jpg

Tbird III.jpg

Tbird IV.jpg
Laredo

Re: Should I Do It?........It's Done, Pics Posted!

Postby godofthunder » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:57 am

Thats a beauty ! Well worth the $ Enjoy.
godofthunder

Next

Return to GIBSON