Enfield Basses

Electric Wood

Enfield Basses

Postby WalCustom » Mon Sep 29, 2008 3:22 pm

Was just reading a review in the UK's Guitarist mag on the new range of "Enfield" basses being launched by a certain Mr Martin Sims of Sims Custom LEDs fame. Rather nice looking basses with an incredible uber-pickup designed by preamp guru John East. Very very tasty.

One thing though... they really were rather spookily reminiscent of a certain Mark III bass that we all know and love - right down to the (albeit slanted) design of the bridge unit.

Discussion and photos can be seen here:
http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=37a00 ... opic=21566

An example of the second (yes, Warwick Bruce model, we're talking about you) really Wal-influenced mainstream bass?

Trev
WalCustom

Re: Enfield Basses

Postby Caca de Kick » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:28 pm

Yeah the similarities are a little too obvious. [smilie=fun_84.gif]
Yeah the same shaped bridge, just slanted. The Mk III looking body, with the obvious Mk III neck heel. And a Mk II neck/heastock shape. Why didn't he just go ahead and slap Schaller tuners on there?

Defintely interesting electronics setup, I'd sure like to see what they sound like.
Caca de Kick

Postby steveonbass » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:53 pm

Whatever - I think the Wal Mach 1 shape looks a LOT like a hayman 40/40 bass. Fortunately, not the headstock
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby hoytbasses » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:45 am

please forgive my custom bass snobbery, but the above bass a really homely looking bass!
it better sound great !

The enfield isn't such a great design either, IMHO but I bet it sounds great!

i'll shut up now

[smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
There's nothing Passive about Passive pickups!
hoytbasses

Return to WAL