solid shedua Mk1 for sale

Electric Wood

Re: solid shedua Mk1 for sale

Postby wombatboter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:13 pm

I have a daytime job too so I know the feeling :-)
Good luck with the sale and I hope you get your money back and if not, enjoy the bass !
wombatboter

Postby Franklin » Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:10 am

Sold-to a gentleman in Japan!!
Franklin

Postby stoyo » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:02 am

I was the "other guy" that was in the bidding war for that beautiful MK1. I am still bummed, after loosing the auction due to a slow web connection. If there are any other Wal owners out there with more than one in your possession, share the love. I would be privileged to join the list of Wal owners. It would improve my quality of life & make me a happy man. Please contact me at: stoyo1@mac.com
stoyo

Links: TOOL Army

Postby Mammoth » Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:45 pm

Yep,
Missed her by a hair myself. Congrats Franklin! If the sale falls through, please give me shout.
Mammoth

Postby hippiesandwich » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:17 pm

stoyo wrote:I was the "other guy" that was in the bidding war for that beautiful MK1. I am still bummed, after loosing the auction due to a slow web connection.

You might want to look into a site like esnipe.com.
Looser is the opposite of tighter, not winner.
hippiesandwich
Bouncer

Postby stoyo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:31 am

hippiesandwich wrote:
stoyo wrote:I was the "other guy" that was in the bidding war for that beautiful MK1. I am still bummed, after loosing the auction due to a slow web connection.

You might want to look into a site like esnipe.com.

Thanks for the line hippiesandwich. Next time I will be the sniper & don't have to be "that other guy".
stoyo

Links: TOOL Army

Postby bejahu » Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:51 am

I use esnipe often. It is pretty reliable and has saved me a ton of dough. They will charge you a small commission (1%) for their services, but having the piece of mind that my bid will be executed on time is worth it.

Good luck,

Ben
bejahu

Postby Franklin » Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:46 am

how does it work when multiple people use esnipe?
Franklin

Postby hippiesandwich » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:07 pm

Franklin wrote:how does it work when multiple people use esnipe?

Esnipe bids on your behalf literally at the second you specify (5 seconds left in the auction, 12 seconds left, whatever you requested) and the end result is the same as if you bid on the auction manually. What this means (and what many people don't get) is that the highest bid still wins, not necessarily the last bid. When multiple people are using esnipe (or sniping manually) what you will typically see is the price of the auction jump up substantially in the last few seconds.

A perfect example of how this saves you money is when I won the auction for Lakland #5001 (1st production 5 string). The bass was listed at $1700NR. I bid $1700. Bidder two comes along and bids and the amount goes to $1725. I could have kept bidding until I passed what he had bid (driving the price up in the long run) but instead I did nothing and placed an esnipe bid for something like $1977. No one else bids on the auction, and it turns out bidder two only bid the minimum bid increment ($25, which made the auction $1725) so I although Ibid $1977 I win the bass for $1750. No bidding war. I pay esnipe 1% ($17.50) for bidding which was less than one bid increment. This is why it is important to bid what the item is truly worth to you - if bidder two had bid $2027 instead of just bumping the minimum bid increment he would have won - of course he would have watched the price jump from $1725 to $2002 in the last seconds (one $25 bid increment over my highest bid) but he would have won.

Esnipe is also great for auctions that end when you will be away from your computer, or if (like in my case) you have painfully slow internet access.
Last edited by hippiesandwich on Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fix typo
Looser is the opposite of tighter, not winner.
hippiesandwich
Bouncer

Postby M5Yates » Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:25 am

My eSnipe account has a fee limit of $10 per item and no fees for any auction that ends under $25.
(But I've had the account since the site was free.)
M5Yates

Previous

Return to WAL