solid shedua Mk1 for sale

Electric Wood

solid shedua Mk1 for sale

Postby hippiesandwich » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:18 pm

Looser is the opposite of tighter, not winner.
hippiesandwich
Bouncer

Re: solid shedua Mk1 for sale

Postby Franklin » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:05 am

Thats my bass-please feel free to ask any questions if interested.
Franklin

Postby harleyyy » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:59 am

Frankiln, just curious what the weight is on a solid shedua?
"I try to keep 'Thou shalt not kill.' The rest of them I'm kind of shaky on." Willie Nelson
"Forget The Drama, Shut Up And Play." ME

Mr Meanor on Facebook
harleyyy
Host Of Your Forum

Links: http://badassbassplayers.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/BadAssBassPlayerscom
https://www.facebook.com/MrMeanorBand
http://wwwwww.tonewavetech.com

Postby bejahu » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:57 pm

Man, that bass is TASTY! Solid schedua: killer! Good luck with the sale.

Ben
bejahu

Postby Franklin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:45 am

Thanks! The bass is around 10 LBS 12 Ounces. I am getting a lot of interest.
Franklin

Postby Franklin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:55 am

Anyone have a shipping service they can recommend for international? I am getting incredibly high quotes these days-
Franklin

Postby hippiesandwich » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:59 am

You may want to detach the neck from the body, use a smaller box, and just go with USPS.
Looser is the opposite of tighter, not winner.
hippiesandwich
Bouncer

Postby Franklin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:05 pm

hippiesandwich wrote:You may want to detach the neck from the body, use a smaller box, and just go with USPS.

A very good idea, except I am offering the case as well. I guess it's a good option if folks don't care about the case.
Franklin

Postby Hiperi0n » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:09 am

you can ship usps also with case..i got so many basses with case with usps and it's a good service and quite cheap
Hiperi0n

Postby Mammoth » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:10 pm

Hey Franklin,
Do you know the serial #.
Ed
Mammoth

Postby Franklin » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:54 am

Mammoth wrote:Hey Franklin,
Do you know the serial #.
Ed

Hi Ed- The neckplate was replaced by Electric Wood a little over a year ago with S#W4136-per photo. This may or may not be the original # before replacement. If there is some other place to look for other ID, please advise.
Attachments
6120_1.JPG
Franklin

Postby walwear » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:01 am

W4136 is a brand new number. It looks like Pete also gave you a new cavity cover and a fresh piece of "data" tape. The original serial number went away with the original plate and cavity cover. With the neck and body dating back to 1981, this probably had a PB serial number originally. Nice looking bass. The thing would be killer with a poly gloss refinish.
walwear

Postby bassplace » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:21 pm

I can't believe it hasn't gotten a bunch of bids. Heavy yes but it looks stunning and was even recently serviced. If it stays near 3k that's pretty reasonable.

dunc
bassplace

Postby wombatboter » Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:39 am

I think that a lot has changed within the past year... People who think that every Wal in the world is a potential goldmine could be very wrong.
I'm following most Wal basses on ebay or whatever just out of curiosity and I've noticed that a lot of Wal basses don't get sold at the prices they are expected to.
I have offered my Wal MKII midi (which is rather rare) on various bass-sites and Ebay-auctions and I got hardly two reactions and it's still in my possession. I thought Wal-fanatics would be standing in line for such an instrument but it didn't turn out that way.
Luckily I don't really need the money and it doesn't bother me that I still have it but just to tell you that not every Wal bass gets sold in a minute..
wombatboter

Postby Franklin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:21 am

Yes-agree- I am not out to do a big flip here-just want to recoup cash for other distractions. If it works out worst case that I've had the pleasure of using this bass for a while for free or very short money-no biggie. I work 24/7 at my day job so I don't have to rely on my hobbies for business purposes.
Franklin

Next

Return to WAL