Lakland US Hollowbody FS

This forum is for active members of this community only. Do not make your first post here @ BABP's a for sale ad, it will be deleted !
All items posted on and sold through BABP's for a value exceeding $100, will require a 5% fee of the total price by the seller, once the item has been considered sold through this site. Payment can be completed with the Paypal buttons at the top or bottom, or by money order (email or PM me for address ). All items posted, must be music related. Links to ads or auctions, third party sales, or posts outside of the For Sale Forum are subject to warning or deletion without notice. Once an item sells, edit the title with "SOLD", and bump it to the top. Any items not sold after 90 days will be deleted. Use your own discretion with whom you are dealing with. No third party sales Only registered members can post, anyone can read. Make sure to specify exactly what forms of payment are accepted and shipping date, in accordance to payment. Badassbassplayers.com assumes ZERO responsibility on any transactions, but may assist with any dispute at our discretion. Only known dealers and builders who are members, along with administrative approval, are allowed to post and are asked to donate from sales here.
Thank you for your support

Lakland US Hollowbody FS

Postby Steve in NM » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:21 pm

I'm looking to sell my Lakland US Hollowbody Deluxe. 1.6" neck at the nut, 34" scale, rosewood board w/ birdseye maple dots. Back and sides are mahogany, top is flame maple. This is a true hollowbody - no center block. They thicken the top at the bridge to make it able to attach the bridge. Two Bartolini double coil PUs can run double or single coil.
Asking $2,300 plus shipping. Current MSRP is $4,900, so thats well below half of list. Its in very good condition - only real flaw is a chip in the clear coat on the headstock about the size of my little fingernail. This is a really special bass with a wonderful voice and drop dead gorgeous looks. Original harshell case is included.

*edit to fix pic links- GB
Steve in NM

Re: Lakland US Hollowbody FS

Postby nolabass » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:41 pm

I love love love my Skyline. Nuthing cooler or better suited for my more traditional blues gigs....... along side my '66P of course. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif] EVERYTIME I bring it out I enjoy positive comments on the tone. Beautiful bass Steve. Good luck.
~~~ ~ _@
~~ ~ _- \,
~~ (*)/ (*)

"Everything Is Oaks & Herbs, My Nerbs" Dr. John
nolabass
Global Bouncer

Postby ghiadub » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:36 pm

Oh man. That is a sweetie.
"Play the music, not the instrument"

Ghiadub Trio | Makosa | Campfire Crooners | Videos
ghiadub
Bouncer

Postby steveonbass » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:15 am

Beauty! I wish i could swing it. Looking for anything - vintage bird maybe?
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby Steve in NM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 am

Soory - no trades - gotta raise some cash. Might be putting my Lakland JO on the block as well - the active teal green metallic w/ matching headstock. Funky C owned it once - did you have it for a while, Steve?
Steve in NM

Postby hmagman » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

Steve in NM wrote: Might be putting my Lakland JO on the block as well - the active teal green metallic w/ matching headstock. Funky C owned it once - did you have it for a while, Steve?

Nice... :drool
Harry
hmagman

Postby steveonbass » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Steve in NM wrote:Soory - no trades - gotta raise some cash. Might be putting my Lakland JO on the block as well - the active teal green metallic w/ matching headstock. Funky C owned it once - did you have it for a while, Steve?

I did not own that one - I played it though - came from MA and i played it at a show. Great bass!
peace
-steve
myspace
steveonbass
Bouncer

Postby Steve in NM » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Well, I sold the Hollowbody and my 66 P-bass to a local vintage dealer. Got a fair enough price and didn't have to deal with dickering over price, tire kickers and shipping hassles. I'll be keeping the JO and its matching teal green Glaub (both US). Thanks for everyone's interest and good wishes.
Steve in NM

Postby Mike Childree » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Whew! That was dangerous....
Mike Childree
Bouncer

Postby Rhian Batson » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:34 pm

Ahh wow dangerous indeed! I also had the chance to take this bass for a quick test run - Amazing feeling bass [smilie=grinning-smiley-003.gif]
Rhian Batson
Bouncer

Links: Yanno, you live a very short time and then you spend a very long time dead so eat great food, love extra hard, hold on for the ride, and play some bass along the way.

Postby rockinrayduke » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:39 pm

I remember seeing and playing that HB years ago in ABQ! Gorgeous sunburst. You held on to it for quite a while, Steve!
rockinrayduke

Return to FOR SALE